Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Stockings

I have several things to post from December! 
 I'm playing catch-up. So excuse the month delay!
I went to one of my favorite stores, Prune Orchard, in Pullman Washington.  They had really cute stockings and of course I wanted them, but they also were $16 each.  To much for my small budget.  I tried to find a cute knit pattern, but didn't find any I liked. 
I decided to buy some linen and make my own. 

DSC01701

I didn't want them to be to wide, because I wanted them to fit well on the stockings board I just made, so I made them long.  I drew them out with a pencil, cut them, and sewed them with felt inside for support. I spent $10 all together.

DSC01750

I wanted each of our stockings to be unique but look good all together. 
And of course I love the Shabby Chic, vintage inspired look. 

I added bits of plaid and burlap to each to give them an older look. 
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. 

DSC01752

Tanner's, Mine, Taya's, Paige's and Abby's

DSC01753

I just need to add our names, any good ideas?  Right now I'm thinking about using pre-cut letters that are one a thick card stock and painting them with gold glitter.... Sound cute?

1 comment:

  1. i don't know about names, i like em how they are. i'm not one who thinks they HAVE to have names on em. they're really cute and everyone will remember who's is who's. well done, chelle, i love how they turned out. maybe i'll try to make some for next yr.

    ReplyDelete